Saturday, March 22, 2008

Little Trooper

I've really been making little Nicky seem like a wimp lately on here. So, I am telling you this story so that you can see what a little trooper he is, even though it makes me feel like a bad mommy. Now, when I finish, you're going to say, "You're not a bad mommy. You didn't do it, and it could have happened to anyone." But, I didn't say that I was a bad mommy, I said I feel like a bad mommy, and I can't help the way I feel. Guilt, mothers feel it and mothers dole it out, it's a mother's way of life.

Back to Nicky. Yesterday, we were walking in from the parking garage coming back home after church, when I noticed something didn't look right with Nick's foot. I quickly pulled it out of his sandal, and realized that his first toe (the one next to the big toe on his left foot) had been caught and was bent vertical in his shoe. Now, we don't know if it happened when Daddy put his shoe on before church, or if they took his shoes off and put them back on in the nursery, but whether it was that way for 10 minutes or 2 hours, it had to hurt! But our sweet little boy only cried a little when I took his shoe off (and promptly pulled him out of the stroller to give him some cuddles) and then again when Daddy assessed his toe. It was a little red for a while, and seemed to stick up a little more than usual. That particular toe always sticks up a little, the reason it got caught in the first place, I'm sure. Today, it seems okay. He can bend it and walks normally on it. He even let me touch it without crying. I just can't get over that he didn't cry until it was fixed. That's I would have done. He's such a little trooper.

No comments: