Saturday, January 3, 2009

Toronto Part 2: Pictures from a bus

When Brad and I went to England on our honeymoon, we had no idea that we'd be world travellers less than 6 years. Well, I had no idea. Brad insists that he had an inkling. But really, who could predict the twists and turns our life has taken? Anyway, we didn't know that we were setting a precedent that would be carried through in all our travels when we took our first bus tour in London. We enjoyed it so much, we took tours in Bath and Oxford as well. Since then, we've taken bus tours in Dubai, Cairo, and now Toronto. This is what we love: no matter what we choose to do the rest of our time in the city, we feel like we've seen the highlights. We can pick and choose what we look at closely, without "missing" anything major. Thus, this post is full of terrible photos taken from the bus. But, we had a great time, and have concluded, with the right pay package (Toronto is expensive), that we could definitely live there.

So, here's my first photo. I have no idea what this building is, but this is a wonderful example of my bus photography "skills."
Random modern "art" also known as eggplants. Don't ask me. I have no idea.
One of many, many beautiful churches we saw. You can see it reflected in the glass. Well, that's what the picture was supposed be, but being the dork that I am, I thought, "Hey, I'll take this picture and post it on my blog so that everyone can see our bus."


A shoe museum. You know this town has its priorities straight.


See that big, black fuzzy thing in the middle of this out of focus shot? That's one of Toronto's huge squirrels. I'm telling you, they're way bigger than their American cousins and all over the place. Aren't they supposed to be hibernating?


This restaurant was cute, and representative of a lot of buildings in Toronto. I have to say that they've done a really good job preserving their town. The city is full of beautiful homes and neat buildings.

The CN tower dominates the skyline. I have lots of fuzzy pictures to choose from. I settled on the one with the large power line and part of the bus window. Rogers Center (a sports stadium) is in the foreground.

No comments: