Monday, January 19, 2009

A much needed update

So, over the past couple weeks I really have attempted to post to the blog. I tried to finish up my posts about Toronto, but the pictures wouldn't upload that night. (I'll get around to it sometime; I got some good pics at Niagra Falls that I want to show you.) Then, I tried to update about our moving status, but that post wouldn't publish. Then, I had the stomach flu. And then, we were on our way. Then, we were in the hotel and I couldn't get the wireless internet to connect. Now, after a half an hour call to the tech guy in India, I can finally sit down and write something. Do you ever have that problem where you see someone that you haven't seen in a while, and you have very little to say to them because you don't talk to them everyday, so everyday things seem too insignificant to talk about, or is that just me? Anyway, that's kind of how I feel right now. Except, I guess the fact that we're in Anchorage now is a pretty big piece of news. So, we're in Anchorage staying in an extended stay hotel, which is pretty much a small two bedroom apartment, renting a minivan that has convinced us, if there was any question, that we're not going to buy a stripped down Caravan, and looking for a place to rent for the next year. Brad started work today, and he's getting settled in there. So, that's it for now. We'll keep you all posted. :)

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Well, hallelujah!! I was just about to round up a search party of mush dogs to find you!! Glad you arrived safely and I wish you good luck on your house (and car) hunting. BTW, my Chevy Tahoe is, by far, the favorite car I've ever driven!!

I think now you might want to change your blog widgets to show us the time and temp in Anchorage. I'm eager to see how the weather is there. I'm freezing here and it's only in the 50's!!

Good to hear from you!