Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fast friends

We're still plugging away at finding a place to live. Yesterday, I took our list of 8 places to look at and mapped out a loop around the city. Two hours later, I narrowed the list down to 4. After a phone call to Bradley, I called the top two for appointments. One has already been rented. I have high hopes for the other one, which I will be seeing today at 10 am. Keep your fingers crossed.

Finding a home will go a long way in getting settled here in our new town, but last night might have been even more important. We spent a couple hours at our friends David and Kristine's place. They're great friends that Brad met when he was here before we were married. Another friend, Dianna, was there as well, and we all had a fun time chatting and watching the kids play. (David and Kristine have two kids also.) It's wonderful to already have good friends to make you feel at home.

No comments: