Monday, January 18, 2010

I know what's important

January is such a let-down. I took down all of our Christmas decorations just before New Years, but I haven't brought out all of our other stuff yet. Honestly, I don't think we have much more to put up as a result of my husband brainwashing me over the years into clutterless living and baby proofing. I used to have a huge collection of silver frames. Gone.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this post. Actually my post has no point except to say that my family is coming out this week to visit. (Jenny and Wesley arrive on Thursday, followed by Andy and my parents on Saturday night.) Because they are my most faithful readers, and the ones that I imagine myself to be talking to when I write, I will probably be taking a little bloggy break. Just in case you notice. :)

And, because it's the most important thing, here's some of what we're going to eat while they're here:

Homestyle Vegetable Beef Soup
Homemade Pizza
Spinach Lasagna
Mexican Pantry Soup (my version of tortilla soup)
Unsloppy Joes with oven fries and Tomato Soup Spice Cake (celebrating Dad's birthday)
Chicken Tikka Masala and Bhindi Masala with rice (maybe saffron or jasmine?)
Roast, Carrots, and Potatoes
Sweet Potato Minestrone with grilled cheese sandwiches
Spinach Enchiladas and Chicken Enchiladas
Alsatian Onion Soup (recipe from a restaurant cookbook) with Cranberry Pork Roast (something I made up a recipe for and changes everytime I make it) with mashed potatoes
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff with egg noodles

Did I mention Andy's a vegetarian? and that Jenny's going to be here for 10 days?

Holy cow, that's a lot of food.

1 comment:

kristine said...

MMMM, I'm going to print off some of those recipes for our meatless nights. And I will miss your posts!:)