Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's day brunch


About a month ago, I was sitting next to our MOPS coordinator at Bible study and she turned to me and said, "I heard that you were involved in MOPS before; would you be interested in helping with our MOPS program." After being a part of the women's ministry at our church in Doha, I knew that I wanted to do it again, so I said yes.

They happened to be having a meeting that afternoon, and Brad's mom was in town to watch the kids for me. During the course of the meeting, I mentioned that I was suprised that the church didn't have an Easter egg hunt, and then I mentioned a Mother's day brunch, and an idea was born.

We had 30 ladies there yesterday for a potluck brunch with games, music, and testimonies. Sharing the work with 5 or 6 other ladies made it easy, and everyone had a wonderful time.

No comments: