Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Jolly Old Elf

First, I must tell you that I'm sitting here on a comfy couch, surfing my parents' high speed wireless internet, and watching back to back Law and Order on TNT. Ah... God bless America.

We heard that there's a new play area at the mall, so I bundled up the twins and we headed out for some toddler bliss. Of course, mommy can't just go to a mall to play, and I figured there was a 50/50 chance that one or both of them would be upset when it was time to leave the playground, so we walked around for a little while and bought a few presents. (By the way, I found a used stroller on Craig's list for $20. It's great.)

When we walked by Santa, I asked the kids if they wanted to visit him. Catie practically jumped out of the stroller, so after checking to make sure that we could see Santa without getting our pictures taken, we stood in line for a few minutes to see the jolly old elf. He was a very nice man, very understanding that the kids might be scared, and he talked the whole time in a gentle, soothing voice. Nick sat on his lap right away. Catie wasn't so sure, and I ended up sitting next to Santa with Catie on my lap.

We'll keep talking about Santa at home now that we've seen him. Hopefully next time we'll be able to get a picture.

No comments: