Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home

Sorry for the silence the last week or so. I've been busy. :) We had a great time with my parents visiting in Doha. I think we went to almost all the malls, my dad and Brad even went to one that I never got around to. Now, after 30 hours in transit, the twins and I are in the States at my parents' house. The trip itself was uneventful, just tiring. One really stinky thing was that they made us check the double stroller all the way through instead of gate checking it, and then when we got it back in the States it was broken. They say they don't insure strollers because it wasn't protected. Arg! So frustrating. We left it at the airport for them to deal with. On the bright side, I've been wanting a new stroller, but didn't have a good excuse for buying one.

We have news as far as Brad's job. He will be in a TDY position for the next three months in Abu Dhabi, UAE, on a project called Masdar. It's a completely green city, with little or no carbon emissions. It should be really interesting. Tomorrow, he has an interview with a long term project in Anchorage. If that works out, we would be moving up there this spring. If that doesn't work out, there is a good possibility that Brad could stay on in Abu Dhabi, in which case, the twins and I would move out there with him. That's what we know so far. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We know that God took us out of Doha for a reason, and we're trusting that He has a plan for our future. Sometimes it's just so difficult to wait, but we're resting on our memories of His faithfulness to us in the past.

No comments: