Monday, December 22, 2008

He's here! and we're sick again...

Brad is supposed to be the one with jet lag, so why am I the one who was wide awake at 4:30 am? The good news is I'm caught up on the blogs that I haven't read in a couple days and there's an apple-raisin french toast casserole in the oven.

This week the twins and I were finally over the cold that we picked up in Doha before we left. Brad came home with a stuffy nose and clogged ears. Yesterday, Nicky started it up again, and last night he woke himself up coughing at 10 and was nearly inconsolable. We ended up doing a middle of the night bed switch so that the twins could sleep in the basement, where, ironically, it's at least 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the house. After the initial upset, he seemed to sleep better the rest of the night. I'm tempted to take him to the doctor, but I know what he will say. It's better not to give toddlers cold medicine, it doesn't seem to be an infection, and we just need to wait it out and keep him comfortable. So, anyone have any ideas for keeping him comfortable, especially at night?

No comments: