Sunday, February 10, 2008

My spa day

Brad offered to watch the babies today so that I could do whatever I wanted. I decided that a spa day sounded perfect. So, after repeating the directions to Brad three times, I headed up to the Intercontinental Hotel. It turns out, getting there was no problem, but finding the salon was. They had the whole lobby under construction, so I had to come through another door. I was immediately turned around. I went up and down the elevators several times, trying to find a way around the construction to get to the other side. I even stopped and asked directions. Finally, a kind man came to my rescue and walked me there. I had to walk through closed doors marked construction area. Why didn't I think of that? Once I finally got there, I had a nice, relaxing time. I got my hair cut and styled (I've been needing that terribly--I hated my last haircut), I got a pedicure (oh so relaxing), and I had my eyebrows threaded. I have to say, of all the ways to get hair ripped out of your face (waxing, tweezing, threading, etc.), threading is the least painful, but still not pleasant. However, beauty is pain, or so they say when they're pulling your eyebrows out with dental floss. What made it all worth it, though, was coming home to my sweet babies. They were so happy to see their mommy and gave me lots of hugs and kisses. I am one lucky lady. :)

No comments: