Monday, May 31, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig!

We flew home yesterday from a 11-day trip to the Midwest. More on the trip to come, but the kids were so exhausted they actually took naps while we were there. We got in yesterday at about 2:00, but by the time we retrieved our luggage, discovered a missing bag, reported the missing bag, walked all the way to the back of the long-term parking, and drove home it was 3:00.

We put the kids down for a nap as soon as we got home, but it didn't seem like they were going to go to sleep. I went in to get them up, but discovered that they had fallen asleep. At six, I decided we needed to get them up to eat dinner so that they wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night.

I got Nick out of bed, carried him to the bed where we change their diapers, and discovered that we didn't have any. I left him there with his eyes open. While I was searching for diapers, the doorbell rang. The pizza was here and I had no idea where our cash was. Thus, the five-minute search for something to pay him with commenced. I wrote him a check. Finally, I got back upstairs and discovered Nick snoring away on the changing bed. I changed his diaper, which woke him up, and then told him that I was going to get Sissy. Catie was literally still sleeping while I changed her poopy diaper. In the meantime, I saw Nicky pass by, and I figured he was going downstairs to play. I decided to peak in, though, and I saw that he had gone back to bed. So, I placed a sleeping Catie back in bed for another half an hour.

To make a long story a little shorter, we got them back out of bed, but never succeeded in waking Catie up for more than a couple seconds. Nick woke up and played for a half an hour, but happily went back to bed without eating dinner.

This morning, Catie is wondering when we're going on an airplane again....

No comments: