Monday, October 19, 2009

Temporary

I thought I'd share some pictures of our apartment here.

This is the train set that Brad bought for Nicky so that he'd have something to play with here.
This is the playroom. Brad bought Catie the playhouse. You want to know why the playhouse was affordable? Because it costs just as much or more to buy all the accessory pieces. Ugh! Catie's satisfied with the ones that came with the house for now, though. Maybe Christmas...
How did we end up with a playroom in a 2 bedroom apartment? Okay, don't call DCFS; it's a really big closet. And, we put a CO detector in there too.
Here's the living room with the $150 couch, chairs, and bench I found on Craigslist.

This is the biggest kitchen I've had in a long time. Unfortunately, with most of our stuff in storage until we buy a house, we're not using it to it's full potential.


Here's Catie looking cute. :)

So, that's pretty much it, except our bedroom, which is a mess, and the bathroom, which I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of. That's all I'm planning to do, too, to make this place "home." So, I was wondering what I was going to do to occupy my time, since it doesn't take much to clean the apartment and I'm not going to do any decorating, then I found a book about teaching yourself to crochet at Michael's. My Grandma Phelps loves to crochet, and I've thought about learning before. I figured this was the perfect time. So, with the help of the book and a few videos on YouTube, this is what I've come up with in three days:
It's a little wonky in places, but I think it's not half bad for my first try. I figured Nicky won't care. I'm going to get some more yarn soon to make one for Catie. :)

No comments: