Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I can't believe I'm still talking about this.

Remember this post? I do. Vividly. I was so excited. I thought potty training would be a snap. My little two year-old was on her way to getting out of diapers. I was so wrong.

Life has really gotten in the way. That's the one excuse I have. And, it's really valid. The trouble is I think the real problem is me.

I like diapers. They're comfortable. They're easy. They let me go out whenever I want without worrying about potty breaks and long car rides. They stick to a schedule, more or less. Potty training is messy. It cramps my style, so to speak.

So, I really shouldn't have been surprised tonight when Catie changed her own diaper. She is almost three years old.

My dad likes to quote the nursery attendant from back when I was in the nursery who said, "When a baby can tell you that you forgot the powder, it's time to potty train."

I think we're way past that point.

Sigh...

The diaper fairy is going to be coming to our house soon to take the diapers away and give them to the babies who need them. I don't know who will miss them more: me or the twins.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

It is nerve racking to leave the house when they first start wearing panties. I was always kind of anxious. You can do it though! And potty accidents make great stories later in life!