Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Surrendering our security

We had an unreasonable dream, I suppose. The dream to stay in one place with the same company for a good long time. Brad recieved notice yesterday that he is being released (laid off) at the end of the month.

I'm resisting writing a "why us, why again?" post, but, really, why us? Why again?

Brad has worked so hard since he's been here, learning so much about oil and gas construction and giving away countless hours of his time to the project.

God is in control. We know that; we believe it, and we're trusting Him.

In the meantime, Brad has applied to a few jobs in Anchorage, as well as a job in Panama working with a mentor of his. We'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Angela Skelton said...

Oh sweet friend, I am so sorry to hear that. I will be praying for you guys. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Darling Daughter,
I think the same thing, "Why them? Why again?" My heart breaks for you--you, my little home body; the one who likes to nest; the one who likes to be a part of a community. I cry as I write this. I want so much for you, for Brad, and for the twins. Most of all, I want you to know that God loves you and He does have a plan for you--a plan to prosper you and not harm you, a plan to give you a hope and a future. I wish I could be there to hold you and tell you it will be all right. God has given you a loving, responsible husband who will care for his family in any way he must. Oh, that he will let God lead, too. I will pray for you continually!
Love,
Mom

Amanda said...

Oh...so completely sorry! I was crushed when Aaron was laid off...still not sure what the future holds for us, but we are enjoying our time together and are considering it a blessing. I know you are probably angry right now, scared of an uncertain future...I was for a while too. I pray God will bring you peace.

Hewittfolks said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear your news. It seems so unfair. I'll be praying for you guys--I know God will work things out. Hang in there!