Sunday, November 16, 2008

A day of accomplishments

We decided to do something fun today, so we went to the zoo with our friend Tom. I've already taken pictures of the animals there, and to be honest I was feeling especially sad for them today, so I didn't take my camera out until we went to the playground.

I was struck again by how fast the twins are growing. This is the first time we've been to an outdoor playground since we left the States two months ago, and it's amazing the progress that they've made.

They can go up the steps and slide down the slide on their own:

They can run around on the sand:

They can sit on the big swings by themselves:



But sometimes it's still really fun to be little:

Speaking of amazing achievements, tonight I was helping Catie write her name on the Magna Doodle and I was saying the letters out loud while I guided her hand. I said, "C." Then she said, "A, T, I, E." Isn't she smart?! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyday I go by the park on Franklin and it is empty. Hope we have some nice days so the twins can enjoy it once they get here.

Love,
Dad