Saturday, June 14, 2008

Update on Nicky and Happy Father's Day!

My son is a stinker. That's all there is to it. After months of worrying, this week he came out with the fact that he really does know a lot of words. In the past few days he has said: more, shoe, Catie, cookie, uh-oh, and no. He's been saying uh-oh for a while now, but he was always copying Catie. Now, he says it when he knows he dropped something or when something's wrong. Further evidence of his stinkery-ness? He says "no" all the time, to answer any question, except when he wants something, then he answers by his silence. If he really wants something he screams in frustration. He learned that trick from his sister. We're working on that. A few times a day, he'll ask for something by saying more, which is a lot nicer and we try to answer that request right away.

I'd like to say Happy Father's Day to all the men in my life, my husband, my dad, my father-in-law, and my grandpa. You are all great dads, and I hope you all have wonderful days! Now I'm off to cook some pancakes and eggs for my hubby....

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Oh my gosh! You are right! What a little stinker!

But at least you can stop worrying. It must be so nice to hear the words just tumbling out of his mouth. Well, except for the NO word. Get used to that. LOL!

So is Brad off? That would be nice.