Thursday, October 7, 2010

More Disney Fun: Rides

We didn't ride the Ferris wheel (do you see how the cars spin around as the wheel turns? No thank you.) but it did make a great backdrop to the California Adventure park. I took this second picture as we were waiting for the nightly show "World of Color," which was pretty cool, but I didn't take any photos.
This is the carousel in the middle of Fantasyland, the first ride of the trip.

King Arthur's sword is in front of the carousel.

I love It's a Small World. Mainly because it has a short line and it's well air conditioned.

Recently, the ride was renovated to include Disney characters. Here's Alice and the White Rabbit in England.
And Pinocchio in Germany.
They also had Jasmine and Aladdin, Lilo and Stitch, Ariel and Flounder, Nemo and Dory, Woody Bullseye and Jessie, and some others that aren't coming to mind right now. You get the idea.

Here's another carousel; this one is King Triton's, so it's a sea theme.


California Adventure park has a little kids section fashioned after A Bug's Life. It's really cute and well done. Everything is made to look like you're a bug, huge cereal box entrance, a leaky water pipe play area, etc.


Here I am with the kids before the ladybug ride (basically the teacup ride.) I'm pretty sure that afterwords I was as green as my shirt.
The kids loved riding the rides that told a story. Here they are "eating honey" after riding the Winnie the Pooh ride.

On our last day, Catie was pretty sick with a cold. I took her back to the hotel for a nap, and everyone else stayed at the park to play. They rode this pirate ship around the canal in Frontierland.
Obviously, I don't have pictures of all the rides that we went on. Catie and Nick were fearless, though. We rode on pretty much every ride that didn't have a height restriction. Actually, we rode a few that did have height restrictions. (They're getting so tall!)
Like I said before, they loved the rides with stories like Peter Pan's flight, Pinocchio, and the 2000 leagues under the sea ride which has been redone with a Finding Nemo storyline. Catie asked to ride It's a Small World again, and as soon as we finished the Buzz Lightyear ride Nick asked to ride again. I hope they remember some of this trip. It was so fun to see them enjoy it so much.
I still have lots of pictures to come...

No comments: