Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The walk of shame

So remember this post. Like mother, like daughter.

This morning we headed to Fred Meyer for grocery shopping and an hour of peace. (They have childcare, one of many reasons I shop there even though it's 15 minutes from home.)

I stepped out of the car in the parking lot and looked down at my feet to make sure it wasn't icy. I laughed out loud at the sight. I was wearing two different shoes. Both black, both backless slip-ons, one dressy, the other casual, one high, one shorter. Ugh. Two different shoes is embarrassing, but walking around with two different heels is just annoying.

So, I did what any sensible woman would do. I dropped the kids off at Playland, and I bought myself a new pair of shoes!

What? That's not sensible? I figured painfree hips were worth $17.50 (Clearance!). Plus, they're really cute. :)

3 comments:

Angela Skelton said...

Oh my sweet friend, I can not tell you how hard I just laughed. I miss you so much.

Anonymous said...

And you made fun of me when we went to have pictures taken this summer!

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud!!!!! Like Mother, like Daughter--I totally would have bought the new shoes!
Love,Mom