I keep thinking that I need to write a blog post, but I can't get anything out of my head except, "I can't wait to move into our new house." So, I decided now is the perfect time to take part in this meme (a game for bloggers) from another blog that I read regularly. Here are the random dozen for this week and my answers:
1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
When I was younger I probably would have said volleyball, but now I would love to be good at bowling. I think it's so much fun, but it would be even more fun if I could break a 75.
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
We do a little of both. We look and look and look, but as soon as we find the right one, we jump on it. When we bought our last couch, I was so concerned about finding the right one for the right price, but when we found "the one" I was embarrassed to realize I hadn't paid any attention to the price at all.
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
Brooke Lemans (Leh-mahnz) Sexy, huh?
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
Seeing as the current requests in my van are "Choo Choo Soul" and Mickey Mouse, I think I could give up music for a little while.
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
Definitely the almost unripe pristine yellow one. Brown bananas are only good for banana bread.
6. Your favorite tree is?
This is a tough one. I think it's a big maple tree with plenty of shade and beautiful fall color.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
I give myself a 7. Just enough knowledge to be dangerous.
8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
Fortunately, no. Catie and Nick have had the first dose of the vaccine.
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
I'm a problem solver. I'm always looking for a better way to do things.
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
I think I'm a cat that acts a lot like a dog. :)
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
I am terrible about keeping in touch with friends. I wish I were better, but I can always pick up where I left off with my best friend, Angela.
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
The wrong one. It's the Phelps Law of Grocery Line Length. The length of a grocery line does not matter when a Phelps family member enters it. It will always be at least twice as slow as all the other lines around it. Additionally, as soon as said Phelps family member decides to move to another line, all other shoppers in the vicinity will converge upon the checkout.
It's a curse. I accept it. I just choose a line, stick to it, and try to be patient.