Monday, May 23, 2011

Yum.

I was getting really tired of winter cooking and my menus had become pretty boring. Spring was just the jumpstart I needed back into the kitchen. I love the variety of fresh ingredients coming into the stores this time of year. I bought some delicious blueberries today!

Here's what the Herzogs are eating this week:

Monday: Sweet Potato Burritos (This is actually left-overs from Sunday lunch.) Such an awesome flavor combination.
Tuesday: Broccoli Quiche with green beans and a salad
Wednesday: Bible Study (We eat there. I'm bringing this cake to celebrate the babies that have been born in our group this year. I might leave out the almond extract and make lemon curd for filling. This cake is super moist and tastes like something special from the bakery.)
Thursday: Sausage Primavera and a salad
Friday: Hot dogs and Hamburgers, corn on the cob, baked beans (I'm going to try making them in the slow cooker), coleslaw
Saturday: Baby Back Ribs, coleslaw, baked beans (Yum, my mouth is watering just thinking about this.)
Sunday: new recipe-Porcupine Meatballs and roasted cauliflower

I probably won't be posting my menus every week, but I thought this week was especially yummy. I love trying and sharing new recipes. :)

Three more hits already this spring/summer:
Unbelievable Chicken
California Grilled Veggie Sandwich with homemade Focaccia Bread
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers

What are your favorite recipes this time of year?

No comments: