Thursday, February 4, 2010

Out of the frying pan and into the fire isn't exactly the right cliche for this but it's the best I can come up with

So, after my family left (before, in Catie's case) we all got colds. Ugh. Ironically, I could use a few days of rest, but this wasn't what I had in mind.

Here's where I would have a huge array of photos to show you all the wonderful times we had together. Ummm... but I only took 12 pictures with my camera while they were here. Fortunately, Jenny and Andy more than made up for my lack of photos if I can ever get them to send me some. :)

Catie was so excited to play with her baby cousin despite the fact that he is decidedly larger than her baby dolls. In fact, he only weighs a little more than 10 pounds less than Catie and Nick. He didn't share the same enthusiasm in these pictures, but trust me when I say he loved seeing his cousins too.


Grandma and Grandpa came bearing games and princess dresses. This is where I tell Catie, "You can't throw a fit when you're wearing a princess dress."
And this is where I realize I took absolutely no pictures of Nick.
While my family was here, Dad and Andy transitioned the twins' cribs into toddler beds. They were starting to get out of bed on their own, so it was time. I was a little sad. I think it's easier for me to act like they're still babies. But, it was time.

I have a little mantra for Catie before naptime:
me: Stay in bed. What are you going to do?
Catie: (blank stare)
me: Stay in bed. What are you going to do?
Catie: (blank stare)
me: Stay in bed. Are you going to stay in bed?
Catie: Yes!
Setting clear expectations is the key, they say. This is what I found yesterday when I went in to get her up from naptime:
Yes, she's sleeping on the floor. Sigh...

No comments: