Thursday, February 26, 2009

Not so encouraging encouragement

So my mom bought me a cute little desk calendar for Christmas. It's the kind with pages that you rip off with quotes for everyday. In fact, it's called "I Love You, Daughter: 365 Daily Thoughts and Inspirations." On the back it declares, "Show your daughter how much she means to you every day of the year with this uplifting daily calendar filled with inspiration, advice and love." Here are some examples of this inspiration, advice, and love:

A baby was sleeping, it's mother was weeping. --Samuel Lover

If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either. --Dick Cavett

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. --Isaac Asimov

The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children. --Clarence Darrow

The mother said to the daughter, 'Daughter, bid thy daughter tell her daughter that her daughter's daughter hath a daughter.' --George Hokewell

I don't know if I can take much more "inspiration."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that!!!

Mom

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Um, yeah. That would really get me going in the morning!! My favorite was the last one, which I had to read 5 or 6 times to figure out what it meant!